Our Advanced level photography courses will teach you specialised photographic techniques for particular situations and genres of photography. You will learn how to work with your subject and environment as well as with your camera’s settings. You will also gain detailed knowledge of particular specialisations within photography.
Our Advanced level courses are delivered in different ways depending on the subject matter. The methodology we use will be tailored to provide the best learning environment for the material. Please refer to the specific course descriptions for more information.
These courses are designed for those with a firm grasp of their camera’s functions, who are comfortable with full manual control of the camera and are looking to learn new creative techniques or increase their knowledge of a specialist subject.
An Advanced level course is recommended if you are progressing from one of our Intermediate level courses, or if you have significant practical experience of photography, full working knowledge of your camera and full understanding of manual controls.
Advanced Portraiture Courses
- Four Hour Lighting for Studio Portraiture
- Four Hour Natural Light Portraiture Course
- Four Hour Off Camera Flash Photography Course
Four Hour Lighting for Studio Portraiture
- Work with a professional model
- Practical experience in a professional studio
- Learn the fundamentals of light
- Examples of creative lighting setups
|Saturday||18th November||2pm-6pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||21st April 2018||2pm-6pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||28th July 2018||2pm-6pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||17th November 2018||2pm-6pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Natural Light Portraiture Course
Portraiture is one of the most popular areas of photography, from beautiful outdoor locations to simple indoor photos. This course will teach you to harness the power of the sun to create stunning portraits. Learn how to use the weather, pick the ideal location and work with your subject to improve your images, requiring nothing more complex than your camera, the sun and some good advice.
- Camera Skills: Know the right lenses, the right settings and the right techniques..
- Lighting Tips: Learn how, where and when to take advantage of the sun for the best effects.
- Posing Tips: Get the best from your subject, getting the best from confident models and helping shyer subjects come out of their shell.
- Portfolio Building: We will be working with a professional model, ensuring you have fantastic images to share.
|New course dates will be announced as previous courses are filled|
|Sunday||22nd April 2018||3pm-7pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||25th August 2018||3pm-7pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Off Camera Flash Photography Course
- How To: Learn how to get your flash off camera.
- Flash Power: Metering techniques and TTL modes.
- Light Shaping: Improving your subject with flash.
- Creative Techniques: For landscape and portraiture
|Sunday||22nd April 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||25th August 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Sunday||28th October 2018||2pm-6pm||Spaces Available|
Other Advanced Courses
- Four Week Macro Photography Course
- Four Hour Astro Photography Course
- Four Hour Night Light Trails Course
Four Week Macro Photography Course
- Equipment: Understand and use macro lenses and filters.
- Techniques: Create a simple home studio using speedlights.
- Creative Techniques: Capture water droplets in movement.
- Storytelling: Craft a macro scene using everyday items to tell a unique story.
|4 week course, 2 hours per session|
|Monday||7th May 2018||7pm-9pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Astro Photography Course
- Capturing the moon.
- Telescope mounted astrophotography.
- Bulb Exposures: Star trails, landscapes and understanding reciprocity.
- Post-Production Techniques: Long exposure image stacking and common challenges in astrophotography.
|Friday||10th November||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||24th February 2018||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||10th November 2018||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Night Light Trails Course
You will learn how to take correctly-exposed images at night using long exposures, capture scenes using bulb exposures, and understand the concept of reciprocity.
- Long Exposures photography.
- Bulb Mode & manual exposures.
- Light Painting – 3D light sculptures.
- Know your kit: intervalometer & accessories.
|Saturday||9th December||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
|Friday||16th February 2018||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
|Friday||14th December 2018||6pm-10pm||Spaces Available|
Tickets for 2018