The Dreghorn Photography Fundamentals level courses will introduce you to the core concepts of photography.
Our expert photography tutor Stuart will teach you the basic knowledge you need to learn, so you can prevent the camera from causing problems and gain control of the camera. You can then get off automatic and start using all the capabilities of your camera. This will enable you to solve common errors in photography and unlock your creative potential.
Your Fundamentals course can be delivered in a variety of different methods. You can choose between a classroom-based course with practical elements, a fully practical walking course or a digital editing workshop.
These courses are suitable for you if you are completely new to photography, or if you are just looking for a refresher on the basics. You don’t need any prior knowledge at all for these classes – just bring yourself, your camera and a willingness to learn.
- Four Hour Fundamentals of Photography
- Four Hour Walking Photography Tour – Day
- Four Hour Fundamentals of Lightroom Course
Four Hour Fundamentals of Photography
- Understanding Exposure – Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO.
- Composition and the art of photography.
- Buyer’s guide to lenses and equipment.
- Shooting modes: How to capture the shot you want.
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as we may go outside for the practical section, if the weather is suitable.
Note: For the Fundamentals course we recommend you use a DSLR, Micro 4/3 or Bridge camera.
If you have any questions about your camera’s suitability feel free to contact us to discuss them
|Sunday||21st January 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Monday||12th March 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||5th May 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||28th July 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Monday||17th September 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||1st December 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Walking Photography Tour – Day
- Practical Course: Learn while shooting
- Capture many of Glasgow’s finest landmarks
- Get to grips with your camera
The class will not finish at the studio, so please arrange your transport accordingly.
|Due to weather constraints class times may be rescheduled at short notice|
|Sunday||28th January 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Sunday||18th March 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Monday||4th June 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||4th August2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||29th September 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||8th December 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
Four Hour Fundamentals of Lightroom Course
- Learn the quick and effective way to edit your photos
- Retouching: Improve the brightness, colour and contrast of your images
- Batch Edit: Edit large numbers of images in one go
- Exporting: Preparing your finished files for upload and printing
|Sunday||18th February 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|
|Saturday||13th October 2018||10am-2pm||Spaces Available|