The Dreghorn Photography beginnerslevel courses will introduce you to the core concepts of photography.
Our expert photography tutor will teach you the basic knowledge you need to learn, so you can prevent the camera from causing problems and gain control of the camera. You can then get off automatic and start using all the capabilities of your camera. This will enable you to solve common errors in photography and unlock your creative potential.
Your course can be delivered in a variety of different methods. You can choose between a classroom-based course with practical elements, a fully practical walking course or a digital editing workshop.
These courses are suitable for you if you are completely new to photography, or if you are just looking for a refresher on the basics. You don’t need any prior knowledge at all for these classes – just bring yourself, your camera and a willingness to learn.
- Beginners Classroom Photography Course
- Beginners Practical Photography Course
- Beginners Lightroom Course
Four Hour Beginners Classroom Photography Course
- Understanding Exposure – Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO.
- Composition and the art of photography.
- Buyer’s guide to lenses and equipment.
- Shooting modes: How to capture the shot you want.
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as we may go outside for the practical section, if the weather is suitable.
Note: For the beginners course we recommend you use a DSLR, Micro 4/3 or Bridge camera.
If you have any questions about your camera’s suitability feel free to contact us to discuss them
|Saturday||19th January 2019||10am-2pm|
|Sunday||14th April 2019||10am-2pm|
|Saturday||15th June 2019||10am-2pm|
|Saturday||21st September 2019||10am-2pm|
|Saturday||14th December 2019||10am-2pm|
For Full Course Information
Four Hour Beginners Practical Photography Course
- Practical Course: Learn while shooting
- Capture many of Glasgow’s finest landmarks
- Get to grips with your camera
|Due to weather constraints class times may be rescheduled at short notice|
|Sunday||27th January 2019||10am-2pm|
|Monday||22nd April 2019||10am-2pm|
|Sunday||18th August 2019||10am-2pm|
|Sunday||27th October 2019||10am-2pm|
|Saturday||7th December 2019||10am-2pm|
Four Hour Beginners Lightroom Course
- Learn the quick and effective way to edit your photos
- Retouching: Improve the brightness, colour and contrast of your images
- Batch Edit: Edit large numbers of images in one go
- Exporting: Preparing your finished files for upload and printing
|Saturday||16th February 2019||10am-2pm|
|Saturday||12th October 2019||2pm-6pm|